Interested in pursuing a career in energy or environmental research organizations? SyracuseCoE is seeking candidates to work as an intern with its Innovation Programs team. The team supports SyracuseCoE Partner researchers and companies with a variety of programs and projects related to our core focus areas:
- High performance building
- Indoor environmental quality
- Energy and water resources.
The Intern will assist the team with the development of a weekly Funding Guide update for SyracuseCoE Partners and Researchers highlighting new funding opportunities available at the federal and state levels, as well as from non-profit organizations. In addition, the intern will support several staff members and faculty with the development of tasks related to ongoing programs and projects, including events, workshops, sponsored research projects, and development of project proposals.
Interns will develop hands-on research and communications skills through the support of Innovation Programs staff with various assignments:
- Research on grant opportunities, identifying those with potential to match Partner interests for weekly outreach
- Production of weekly outreach to Partner firms and researchers on grant opportunities of interest
- Assistance to staff on sponsored research projects and/or proposals
- Updates to databases of Partners and stakeholders
- Updates to content on SyracuseCoE web site
Additional requirements include:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people at all levels of the organization, as well as with visitors from all levels of outside organizations/agencies
- Good written communications skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, competing tasks
- Organized, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to understand/calculate capacity for new projects and ask for help when needed
- Familiarity with and interest in environmental and/or energy issues
- Familiarity with WordPress and Adobe InDesign valued, though not required
View the Innovations Program Internship application.
Check out our Students Page to learn more about the experience you can have at SyracuseCoE!