This LEED™-Platinum building has both laboratory and office space for research and business collaborations on innovative products and services in SyracuseCoE’s core focus areas of clean and renewable energy, indoor environmental quality, and water resources.
The SyracuseCoE Headquarters Building is a test bed for environmental and energy technologies and building innovations. The facility includes:
- Combustion and Energy Research (COMER) Lab
- Domestic Hot Water Lab
- Flow Visualization Lab
- Green Roof
- Interactive Design and Visualization Lab
- Intermodal Transportation Center
- Material Archi-Techtonic Research Lab (MATR)
- Performance Praxis Lab
- SUNY ESF Biofuels Development Facility
- Thermodynamics and Combustion Lab
- Total Indoor Environmental Quality (TIEQ) Lab
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Lab
- Urban Ecosystem Observatory Tower
- Building Energy and Environmental Systems Testbed
- Geothermal System
- Lighting and Control Systems
- Natural Ventilation
- Personal Ventilation Systems
- Advanced Building Heat Recovery/Reuse Systems
- Air Quality Monitoring of Outside Air and Integrated Controls for Improving/Protecting Indoor Air
- Building Materials Testing
- Rain Water Capture and Reuse
- To view our LEED™ Scorecard, click here.
Most importantly, the SyracuseCoE Headquarters has lab and office space available for its partners. Companies and organizations with services, products, and research and demonstration investments in our core areas are welcome to license the use of our unique facilities and/or locate functions in the HQ building.
SyracuseCoE has invested $8.7 million to create new facilities that will help companies and universities develop new products to improve energy efficiency in buildings. Investments at SyracuseCoE Headquarters include laboratories and “testbeds” for the New York Energy Regional Innovation Cluster, a pioneering statewide alliance that is focused on achieving breakthroughs in energy efficiency in buildings. View our Lab Brochure.
Additional assets for research, development, and demonstration of advanced building systems include facilities on the campus of Syracuse University.
- BEESL – The Building Energy and Environmental Systems Lab
- BEST – The Building Envelope Systems Test Laboratory
- Green Data Center
- Near Westside Initiative
- Smart Grid Lab
- Syracuse Technology Garden
- The Center for Advanced Systems and Engineering (CASE)
- The Clean Tech Center
- The Connective Corridor